Thursday 15 April 2010

People I generally like: Rhod Gilbert

As I promised, here is the second post to make up for not posting yesterday. I'm going to write about why Rhod Gilbert kicks ass.


I think is this obvious but he is very funny. What makes him especially brilliant is that he has a different style from the other observational comedians, being very angry and passionate over minor things. He did do surreal, fake stuff originally and this does come out in his rants, making the small things seem big and the big small.

He is also very honest. He's not shy to reveal a lot about himself, which makes him more personable and interesting.

As mentioned, he does get passionate about what he does, and some times seems to suffer for his art, The Award Winning Mince Pie show a reflection of this.

He's Welsh as well, and I like Welsh people, so he's double win.

He is generally brilliant and am lucky enough to be seeing him next Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you. He is one funny guy. I often wake up in the morning and I wish I was Rhod Gilbert.

    ReplyDelete