Tuesday 6 April 2010

Book post: Quirkology by Richard Wiseman


I do enjoy reading books and would like to use this blog to recommend some of the ones I have read recently or ones I just adore. I'm starting with Quirkology, which looks at the interesting experiements that scienists have performed and what this means for our lives.
Richard Wiseman writes in an engaging way and it is obvious that this is his passion. He explains the studies clearly, so you know what he is on about even if you do not have the knowledge to fully understand the topic. The things he chooses to talk about are fascinating and he looks at various scientific experiements that are on the surface silly and pointless but actually tell you a lot about how humans behave. You can learn a lot from this book, like how to spot when people are lying as well as the worlds funniest joke.
I am a fan generally of Wiseman's work, as I have also read 59 Seconds and loved it. I think I love books that inform as well as entertain and I do love learning random information. I certainly recommend Quirkology, as well as Wiseman's other books and am planning to read the Luck Factor soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment