Saturday 12 June 2010

Pete Firman, Jokes and Tricks, 11/06/2010, Hen and Chickens

This is the second time I've seen Pete's new Edinburgh show, so this is an interesting review for me.

What I was pleased about is that Pete did some new jokes. One of my issues with his previous preview was that for the most part he was using last years jokes. It was still his style but at least he hadn't used them before, or at least I haven't seen them!


I was also impressed that he had a few new tricks. Admittedly, it has been 2 months since I had last seen him but it did seem very put together. I loved the shoe cake trick and the teleportation one, I couldn't work out how either were done. In general, Pete loves fire as he did 3 things that involved flames!


He did a lot of silly tricks, which is expected. What I was disappointed with is that he cut the chase the ace trick and he also cut the explanation of his paintball catch trick. Considering he had time to do one of his old 'sexy' tricks, it was annoying.


It was still a good show, it's hard to be very excited about him however when I saw Barry & Stuart last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment