Saturday 5 June 2010

Barry and Stuart, Chris Cox et al; Magic Night; 4/6/2010; Madame Jo Jo's

I had the good fortune to see Magic Night last night and wanted to write about it.




Neil Henry (end image) was the compare, and he has compared 4 out of the 6 Magic Nights that I have attended. All the jokes and tricks he did were ones I had seen before and he even joked that he could get away with it as most of the audience hadn't attended before. He was only the compare so it didn't matter if he was the weakest performer.


Slightly surprisingly, Chris was on first. I had seen a few of the tricks before, but it didn't matter as he was so good. He bantered with the crowd and all of his tricks worked. He did do a new trick which involved him wearing wet look leggings, which was epic.


Then it was Mr. B, the Gentleman Rhymer. He was excellent. Generally, the non magic act of Magic Might tends to be the weakest person on, but he was fantastic. It's quite hard to describe his stuff, and I would advise you to go to YouTube to see his stuff. He did a song criticising Tim Westwood and did covers of Hip-Hop songs using the Queen's English and a banjolele.


I had seen James Pritchard at a previous Magic Night and he was all right. He was very good, dealing with the first trick going wrong slightly, a balloon swallowing trick, as the balloons kept bursting. I loved this trick he did using maths, which is gloriously geeky! He did the needle swallowing trick that he did in January, explaining its danger using a scar he got as a child then doing it anyway!


I don't think I ever understate the epicness of Barry and Stuart. I had seen all the tricks before, but it didn't matter. They are always so amazing and I hadn't seen these tricks since March, so it was nice seeing them again. I also had a friend with me who had not seen these tricks and he enjoyed them so much and laughing at their jokes. I have reviewed these tricks before, so I don't need to go into detail, but they all worked and they were just fantastic.


It is fair to say that this was the strongest line-up of Magic Night that I have seen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment